Non-Traditional Student Resource Center


Are all the events family friendly?
Yes, families are welcome to join all events. Some events may be catered toward families while others may be designed for non-parent students, but it is ultimately at your discretion which events your child attends. Please note that childcare is only provided at events when specified.

Are A.S. Childcare Grants only available for undergraduate students?

Yes, the A.S. only provides childcare grants to undergraduate students. However, the Graduate Student Association offers childcare grants for graduate students. Please see the link below.
Graduate Student Association Childcare Grant

Why are the Zoo and Moxi passes only available to undergraduate students?

Because the funds that pay for these passes are procured through university fees that only apply to undergraduate students, we cannot offer the passes to graduate students. However, the childcare grants offered through the Graduate Student Association can help offset the cost of a moxi or zoo pass for graduate student parents.

Where do I go if a staff member is not available in the Non-Traditional Student Resource Center?

Please go to the Women's Center Front Desk, located on the first floor of the Student Resource Building, or send the NTSRC staff an email at

Where do I get a Childcare Grant application from? Where do I turn it in? How will I know when the grant is ready?

Childcare Grants may be picked up from the Non-traditional Student Resource Center, the Women's Center, or printed from the CAB website. Applications may be turned in to a Non-traditional Student Resource Center staff member or to the Women's Center Front Desk. You will receive an email when the grant is ready; if you have questions, please send an email to

When should I apply for Priority Registration?
Priority Registration applications are due before your pass-time for the following quarter. Dates vary and will be announced via email. Students only need to apply once for Priority Registration during their time at UCSB. To received an email announcement join our email list by sending an email request to

How do I learn more?
Stop by the Non-traditional Resource Center located in room 1109 in the Student Resource Building, “like” us on Facebook, check out our Events Page, or join our email list by filling out the form located here.